Capital Planning & Strategic Project Development
Capital Planning & Strategic Project Development coordinates
capital planning for academic facilities:
- In consultation with faculty and senior administration, develops long and mid-range
capital plans anticipating the infrastructure and facilities needed to achieve UBC's
academic and research objectives.
- Develops capital budgets required to fund the growth, refit and replacement of campus
buildings and infrastructure.
- Coordinates the planning and annual capital budget process for Provincial Government
Routine Capital funding by working with faculty and senior administration to identify
projects that support UBC's academic priorities.
- Provides interface between government and UBC, developing multi-year plans for academic
buildings and building system upgrades.
- Promotes and coordinates the UBC Renew project to provide improved academic space
while mitigating deferred maintenance.
The Space Inventory Unit:
- Maintains UBC's Space inventory according to BC Universities Space Standards categories
and provides annual reports to government.
- Ensures the integrity of the inventory on which all government capital funding applications
- Provides space related research, planning analysis, data and advice in support of
planning and development.
The Facilities Information Systems Unit:
- Maintains and updates the Archibus facility information system.
- Produces campus maps and keyplans.
- Provides custom mapping and drafting support for Facilities Planning, Project Services,
Campus + Community Planning & Building Operations.
The Records Unit:
- Manages information assets on behalf of UBC in compliance with legislation, legal,
business, and heritage obligations.
- Develops and maintains UBC's permanent records and ensures they are accessible,
accurate, and either held permanently or disposed of as appropriate.
- Administers an electronic document and records management system of UBC's construction,
mechanical, plumbing and architectural drawings.