Infrastructure Development Overview
UBC Infrastructure Development is responsible for the planning, development, renewal and renovation of campus facilities. We provide stewardship for all institutional facilities projects, including Housing and Athletics projects, at UBC's Vancouver and Okanagan campuses.
What we do
- Identify infrastructure requirements and prepare an overall Capital Plan for UBC.
Capital Planning, Facilities Planning
- Develop business cases and approval requests for specific projects.
Capital Planning, including input from all teams - Space Inventory, Facilities Information Systems and Records
- Translate user needs into architectural requirements.
- Provide project management services for:
- Renovations and upgrades between $50,000 and $5.0 million.
- Major capital new buildings, infrastructure and building renewal projects greater than $5.0 million, as identified by the Capital Plan.
Project Services or UBC Properties Trust
- Store and index all end of project documentation.
Records (Capital Planning).
Collaborate with campus stakeholders to create great spaces for people to teach and learn, conduct leading edge research, and enjoy the life of the campus community.
Ensure that new and renovated facilities are functional, reliable, sustainable, maintainable and achieve minimum life-cycle cost.